Saturday, February 7, 2009

Buddha Peace Tile




I made this tile about a year ago. I had photographed it for my pottery notebook of work I've made and then stuck the tile a drawer. A music teacher friend of mine found it posted in my Flickr photos and asked if it was available. I had completely forgot about it. Now that I look at it I like it but am going to make a few changes. 
It is made of terra cotta clay and hand carved. I have been experimenting with old rusty wire that we found on our property and glass bead. I love mixed media art!
Hope your weekend has been relaxing & peaceful . . . . 
Namaste.

7 comments:

Sylvia K said...

/\Namaste
I love the tile, you truly do beautiful work. Thanks for the photos so we can enjoy!

Mama Shujaa said...

This is lovely, Todd! And the weekend has been relaxing and peaceful, thanks.

Amani,

Mama S.

Teri said...

Love this whole setting...
Your tile is wonderful. I hope you continue to carve your pieces!
H M!

Meg Wolff said...

Hi Todd,
I like your new shelfari bookshelf feature. Love the Buddha peace tile, too.

Check out Yoko Ono's Imagine Peace post:http://imaginepeace.com/news/

Maithri said...

So Beautiful my brother,

Blessings of peace,

M

dmarie said...

such a lovely piece. you're the man!! xxoo

~Babs said...

Love the wire and bead work!
I've just begun using it on some of my clay pieces too.